If you have coronavirus symptoms, even mild ones, please isolate yourself from other people for 10 days and get a test. If you are asked to self isolate, regardless of symptoms, you must do so to keep from possibly passing it onto others. You can book a test online by downloading the NHS COVID-19 app, or calling 119.
Coronavirus symptoms are:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
As cases continue to rise, please make sure you stick to the rules to protect yourself and others.
- You must not meet up in groups larger than six people indoors or outdoors in any social setting (with minimal exceptions).
- Wash your hands regularly, for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water isn’t available, then use hand sanitiser.
- Wear a face covering on public transport, in shops and other enclosed areas, or anywhere it is difficult to socially distance. This also now includes hospitality venues unless you are seated to eat or drink.
- Keep a safe distance from other people outside your household (at least two metres where possible).
- Self isolate for 10 days if you have symptoms of coronavirus or you have tested positive, had an unclear result or did not have a test
- Self isolate for 14 days if you have returned from abroad unless you are arriving from an exempt country
- Self isolate for 14 days if you have been in contact with someone who tests positive for coronavirus, or you have been told to by NHS Test and Trace
- Book a free test now if you have symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature, new or continuous cough or a change/loss in your normal sense of taste or smell) and stay at home until you get your result.
- Stay at home if you test positive for Covid-19 or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive and been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test