Testing if you’ve got symptoms
If you have coronavirus symptoms, even mild ones, you must isolate yourself immediately from other people for 10 days and get a test, online at nhs.uk/coronavirus, by downloading the NHS COVID-19 app, or by calling 119.
What are coronavirus symptoms?
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
You can book a home test kit or arrange an appointment at one of Hackney’s testing sites:
- Dalston, Bentley Road Car Park, N1 4BZ (open 7 days a week 8am-8pm)
- Hackney Central, Mare Street, E9 6ND (open 7 days a week 8am-8pm)
- Stamford Hill, Bus Garage, Rookwood Rd, London N16 6SD (open 7 days a week 8am-8pm)
- Homerton, Hackney Marshes Centre, E9 5PF (open 5 days a week Mon-Fri 9am-3.30pm)
- Stamford Hill, Yesodey Hatorah School, Egerton Rd, N16 6UB (Sundays 10am-3pm)
There are also 2 testing centres nearby that residents can use:
- Stamford Hill Primary Nursery Berkeley Rd, Haringey N15 6HD (7 days 8am-8pm)
- Guild Hall Yard, City of London, EC2V 5AA (7 days 8am-8pm)
Testing if you don’t have symptoms
Rapid COVID-19 tests provide results within 40 minutes and are available to anyone who needs to leave their home for work or volunteering. Such as people who are critical workers, unpaid carers or tradespeople. These tests are for people who do not have symptoms of coronavirus.
There are two rapid coronavirus testing sites in Hackney:
- 18 Edward’s Lane, Stoke Newington, N16 0JJ
- Shellgrove Community Hall 29-8 Shellgrove Rd, Stoke Newington, N16 8UU
you can book an appointment for these sites online by clicking under book a rapid test at: hackney.gov.uk/coronavirus-support