As we approach the end of Islamophobia Awareness Month, Hackney Council’s No Place for Hate Champion, Cllr Sade Etti, reiterates Hackney’s year-round commitment to fighting Islamophobia and racism in all its forms.
Anyone who’s been affected by hate crime can:
- Report it to the police by calling 999 in an emergency, and 101 in other situations.
- If you do not wish to contact the Police, you can contact Stop Hate UK on 0800 138 1625 for free, confidential advice and support.
- Report offensive graffiti to the Council
- Contact North London Victim Support for free local support on 0808 186 9291 (8am-8pm Monday to Friday) or 0808 1689 111 at all other times. You can also request support online.
- Access free, confidential and independent victim support through London Victim and Witness Service on 0808 168 9291
- Access a free Restorative Justice Service with Calm Mediation by telephone on freephone 0300 102 3031 or email at email@example.com
- Our Young Hackney website provides a range of resources for young people who want to talk to someone confidentially about a range of issues