To help reduce the number of coronavirus cases in the capital, Hackney, along with the rest of London, will be moved into Tier 3 coronavirus restrictions from Wednesday.
The full list of the new Tier 3 restrictions can be found here. The coronavirus rate in Hackney is 225 cases per 100,000 people (between 2 and 8 December). This is significantly higher than the 152 cases per 100,000 people recorded in the previous week (25 November to 1 December). View Hackney coronavirus data on the Council website.
To help reduce the number of coronavirus cases, from Wednesday 16 December, the Government is introducing new Tier 3 restrictions to London, which means:
- You cannot mix indoors, in private gardens or in most outdoor venues, except with your household or social bubble.
- You can meet in a group of up to six in other outdoor spaces, such as parks, beaches or countryside in the ‘rule of six’.
- Hospitality settings, such as bars (including shisha bars), pubs, cafes, restaurants, and social clubs must close except for takeaway, delivery and click and collect services.
- Businesses and venues selling alcohol for consumption off the premises can continue to do so as long as this is through takeaway, delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through.
- Accommodation such as hotels, B&Bs, campsites, holiday lets and guest houses must close. There are a number of exceptions to this, which can be found here.
- Some entertainment and tourist venues must close including bingo halls, casinos, theatres, cinemas.
- You are allowed up to 15 people for wedding or civil partnership ceremonies – but receptions are not permitted.
- You can attend places of worship for a service. However, you must not mingle with anyone outside of your household or support bubble.
To help tackle the virus, it is really important to get tested if you have symptoms of coronavirus such as a fever, a new continuous cough or change to your sense of smell or taste, self-isolate immediately for 10 days and book a test by downloading the NHS COVID-19 app, calling 119 or going to nhs.uk/coronavirus.
We have made sure that you can get tested locally in Hackney at:
- Dalston, Bentley Road Car Park, N1 4BZ (open 7 days a week 8am-8pm)
- Hackney Central, Tesco Car Park, E9 6ND (open 7 days a week 8am-8pm)
- Stamford Hill, Sandford Court, Bethune Road, N16 5BB (open 7 days a week 8am-8pm)
- Stamford Hill, Yesodey Hatorah School, Egerton Rd, N16 6UB
- Homerton, Hackney Marshes Centre, E9 5PF
You can now also book a coronavirus test if you don’t have any symptoms, this is being delivered from the Hackney Marshes Centre, and can be booked in the same way by calling 119 or going online.
It’s also important to isolate yourself for 10 days if you’ve been in contact with someone who has coronavirus symptoms, or has tested positive, to break the chain of infection.
During the Christmas period (23 to 27 December) different rules on social contact will apply.
Residents will receive hackney today this week which includes information about tier 2, please disregard this information, Hackney has now been entered to tier 3, please see here for new restrictions.